Sunday, April 17, 2011
D.A.R.E. to win!
Each fifth grade class had one winner for the DARE essay contest. Damia won in her class. Here is her essay.
Hi my name is Damia Olsen and I am going to tell you about some of the things I learned in D.A.R.E., Tobacco, Peer pressure, and how to control your self.
Tobacco, has 2,001 poisons. Did you know that Tobacco is in the cigarette? The poisons in cigarettes can : dry your skin out and cause wrinkles it can also yellow your teeth and give you bad breath. Trust me you don’t want to have bad breath! Approximately 3,000 nonsmokers die of lung cancer each year from breathing other people’s smoke. So do you now think smoking is ok?
Peer pressure, if you are in peer pressure you are confused and don’t know what to do. This is an example: You are walking home with your Best Friends Forever that you have known forever, one of them pulls out a cigarette and so does every one else but you. One of your friends offers you a cigarette. This is peer pressure. If you want to get out of this situation use the DARE program motto. D. Define your problem. A. Assess what are your choices. R. Respond make a choice. E. Evaluate review your decision-did you make a good choice? How to control yourself. If you are taking drugs and you want to stop, think it over and get rid of them.
I vow to be drug free for the rest of my life. Tobacco has so many terrible things that could effect and ruin your life; yellow teeth, bad breath, dry skin, and it can give you wrinkles. 3,000 people die a year of lung cancer of breathing other people’s smoke. Peer pressure is when you are confused and don’t know what to do. Here is some advice: Define-describe problem, Assess-what are your choices, Respond-make a choice, Evaluate-review decision.
One of the reasons I pledge to be drug free is because when I was little this guy in the apartment next door was smoking and it came through the walls. I got sick and I had ear infections, so we had to move. That is why staying important, because I want to be healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.