Monday, June 4, 2012
Updates? What are those?
I know, I know it has been a long time since I have updated the blog. Where to start....Mark's brother moved into his trailer in the backyard in December and then moved out again in February. In a nut shell...Long story.
Damia and Raegan got into the STEM charter school and will be starting in the fall. We are so excited to have them get this opportunity! Really I think I am excited that they have to wear uniforms...ha ha ha! No more fighting Raegan on what she is going to wear to in the morning. :)
The STEM charter school is a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math based school. They will be doing more "real life" projects and less busy work. They also will be doing worked based on Kahn academy and Saxxon math again. HOORAY! I was so mad when the elementary switched from Saxxon to something else. I am excited for our new adventure with new class room teaching styles! They utilize the 21st century classroom teaching style which is very different from public school. Are the girls excited? Meh, they are going to miss their friends but know that this is a great opportunity for them.
Damia has been in 6th grade and will be going into 7th in the fall. She is almost 12 and soooo ready for Young womens! She gets to go to girls camp this year.
Raegan is finishing up 3rd grade and will be entering 4th. She is still taking piano, but doesn't seem to ever practice. If she would practice she would be amazing because she goes through the books like crazy.
We went to visit/work on Mom and Dad's house in March and had a nice break from the cold.
We had also bought a mini van that had several problems on the trip. Luckily we were always in a fortunate spot when it would have problems. don't worry it was just break calipers and the like. Easy fix but HOT! Mark blistered his hand good the second time we had problems.
Ty has turned 3 and is...as usual...a terror. He loves Curious George, trucks, cars, airplanes, his tryke, and digging in the dirt.
In May he had a dermatology check up and they biopsied a different mole. This one turned out to be more serious than the last one and he will have to have a check up in 3 months. They think they got all of it and we are hoping and praying that they did.
It doesn't stop him from tormenting the dog though.
Mark is still doing subcontractor work and is busy one week and slower the next. We are hoping this summer will be good!
He is still scoutmaster and deacons leader.
I am choir director...blah! But at least I am not in primary. :)
My day mainly consists of choralling our son and working on the yard or the house.
We finally have grass in our backyard and raised garden beds. It has been a long hard process to get all the rocks out of the way and the dirt level but we did it! We had our first BBQ memorial day and it was great to enjoy our nice new grass!
Now if only I can get Mark to help me finish the storage room. Hint Hint!
One day we will finish all the projects and then we will have new ones, but I am enjoying them. I can't believe we have been in our house for a year now. Seems very strange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.